As we accumulate questions that we are getting frequently, we’ll try to update this particular page (last updated November 4, 2006).
- Do voters lack confidence in the electoral process and voting technologies: what do social scientists know? See our recent survey report on vogter confidence; July 2006 VTP working paper, “Are Americans Confident Their Ballots Are Counted?”
- How many states require “voter verified paper audit trails?” According to electionline.org, “22 states require voting machines to produce a VVPAT”
- Absentee voters and partisan bias: Election Updates post Partisan advantages and absentee balloting?” (November 2, 2006).
- How many states and counties are using new voting equipment — or are using e-voting equipment?
- Electionline.org, “Voting Systems 2006”.
- Election Data Services report, “Almost 55 Million, or One-Third of the Nation’s Voters, Will Face New Voting Equipment in 2006 Election.”
- How can I find out if I’m registered to vote?
- Some states have online voter registration verification sites.
- Otherwise get in touch with your state election official, who can either help verify your voter registration status or who can put you in touch with the appropriate local election official.